Terms & Conditions›
By accessing this website you agree to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. The information and contents of this website are provided on an ‘as supplied to us’ basis. Crowborough Town Council (“the Council”) has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided through this website is correct at the time of entry. Although the site is updated from time to time, the accuracy or validity of information may change over time. Anyone using information contained on or through this website does so entirely at his or her own risk.
2. The Council cannot accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies or for any consequences arising as a result, to either those individuals or organisations referred to in this website or to those that act in reliance of any information referred to on this website or who purchase or use any goods or services provided by such individuals or organisations referred to on this website.
3. The Council makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties or conditions of title, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, all such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
4. The Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage sustained as a result of using any of the goods and services provided by individuals or organisations referred to on this website or on any websites accessed by any link from it whether financial, material, physical or mental.
5. The contents of this website should not be relied upon as recommending or endorsing any of the individuals or organisations referred to on this website or on any websites accessed by any link from it and proper caution should be exercised in dealing with them.
6. Crowborough Town Council reserves the right to modify the information held on this website without notice.
If you have any enquiries or comments about the accuracy of information on this site please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online forms & emails – collecting personal information
All emails/forms are treated in the same way as other communications with the Council. In cases where we ask you for personal information via an online form, this information will only be used for the purpose indicated and will be held in a secure manner. It will not be used for any other purpose without your permission and will not be kept for longer than necessary.
Data Protection & Freedom of Information
We will treat any personal information by which you can be identified (i.e. name, address, email) in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Collecting information automatically – Cookies
We collect web statistics e.g IP addresses, automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us assess which pages on our website are the most popular. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual so you can browse our website and remain anonymous to us.
Links to external websites
Our website contains links to external websites. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages. If you do find a link which does not work please do let us know, email email@example.com.
Summary of terms – simple explanations
Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Message given to a web browser by a web server when viewing specific pages. The message is then stored by the browser. Each time the browser requests the same page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 123.456.7.89
Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
If you have an questions about the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can set your web browser to allow, block or prompt you for a decision when cookies are used.
Cookies on the Crowborough Town Council’s Website
We use Google Analytics to monitor the number of visitors to our website and the pages that they visit.
The data from all our users is compiled to help us assess the website’s performance and make decisions about its content and layout.
Crowborough Town Council will not use the IP-addresses or cookies to identify you personally.
You can find out more about Google Analytics (external link) or, opt out of Google Analytics (external link) tracking across all websites.
Turning Off Cookies
Please note that turning off cookies may limit your use of parts of our website.
If you would like more information about cookies and how to turn them off, About Cookies.org – How to Control Cookies (external link) is a good source of information, instructions for different browsers and guidance.
Linking to our site
Please feel free to link to Crowborough Town Council’s website but we would appreciate being informed of any link(s) which you make to our site. Just send an email letting us know to email@example.com.
Crowborough Town Council receives many such requests, and retains the right to withdraw this permission without explanation or notice if in our judgement use of such links is excessive or inappropriate.
Links made to Crowborough Town Council’s website should not infer any endorsement or partnership by the Council of that site and its services or products, where such an agreement is not applicable.
Reciprocal links cannot be guaranteed due to the number of requests we receive to link to external websites.
Crowborough Town Council does not allow use of its logo without prior written agreement from the Council.
Linking from our site
Crowborough Town Council’s site contains links to websites operated by other parties. Although we look at all sites carefully to assess their reliability and content, the Council is not responsible for the reliability or content of the websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within these websites or any association with their operators. We are not responsible for updating these websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time, and we do not have any control over the availability of the linked pages.
Crowborough Town Council usually includes links to other websites that conform to one or more of the following criteria:
- being directly related to the work we do
- belonging to partner organisations
- government websites
- links to a specific page or pages of information or a document that complements content on our website.
Where websites fulfill the above criteria, they should also be accessible, well presented and updated appropriately.
All material (text & images) on the Crowborough Town Council website is the copyright of Crowborough Town Council unless otherwise stated and may be used only with the express written permission of the Council.
The Council does not object to the use of text for the purposes of any personal or educational use or private research. Commercial usage is prohibited unless formal written permission is obtained beforehand.
For more information visit the Copyright Licensing agency website.