Grants and Awards
Crowborough Town Council welcomes and values the work of local voluntary groups and organisations. The Council has a policy for making grants to groups and organisations which contribute to the welfare of the community by improving or supporting activities and/or facilities. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a clear need for financial support. Deadlines for submission are included in the Grant Awarding Policy document.
Current Year Community Grants
Please click on the following link to view the list of grants awarded in the current financial year:
Details of previous years awarded grants are available below.
Previous Years Community Grants
Please click on any of the links below to see what grants were awarded in each of the financial years:
Other Grant Opportunities
In addition to grants from Crowborough Town Council, your group or organisation may be interested in applying for grants from Wealden District Council and East Sussex County Council. You can find their contact details below:
WEALDEN DISTRICT COUNCIL
Wealden Community Grants Programme for Community Groups or Voluntary Oganisations.
Contact the Partnerships and Funding Support Officer
EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL
Provides business grants and loans plus grants for community groups. It can also undertake a funding search for East Sussex-based organisations and quality check your funding application.
Contact the External Funding Officer
Tel: 01273 336616
The Crowborough Civic Award
||The Crowborough Town Council Civic Award scheme is designed to recognise and celebrate members of the community who have made their mark on Crowborough. This could be someone who has worked selflessly for others in our community or someone who has bought credit to our town.|
Categories of award
There are 6 categories of award:
- YOUNG CITIZEN – a young person under 21 who has made a significant contribution to the residents of Crowborough, achieving success and/or overcome personal difficulties.
- CITIZEN – A resident who lives or works in Crowborough who has made a significant contribution (social or environmental) to the residents of Crowborough, above and beyond the call of duty, or achieved local business success, or has overcome personal difficulties.
- SPORTS & CULTURE – A person who has excelled at sport, the arts & culture, or entertainment, which has bought credit to them and / or Crowborough.
- MAYOR’S AWARD – This award would be given to anyone for a specific single action of bravery or courage or someone who has overcome exceptional difficulties.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT – A person who has gone the extra mile in the course of their paid duties or voluntary work and has provided exceptional service and lifelong dedication.
- VOLUNTARY ORGANISATION – A body or charity that has consistently given an outstanding service for the well-being of the community or the benefit of the Town’s residents.
Members of the public or Councillors can nominate a person or group for a Civic Award and all nominations are considered by the Communication & Events Committee.
There are no deadlines for receiving nominations, and no limit to the number of Awards that can be granted.
To make a nomination, contact Crowborough Town Council in writing, stating which category the nomination is for and why that person or group is nominated to receive a Civic Award.
Send your nominations to:
Crowborough Civic Awards, Crowborough Town Council, Council Offices, Pine Grove, Crowborough,TN6 1DH
Or email: email@example.com
Recipients of the Civic Award
Mrs Margaret Kitchin
Mrs Gwen Knight
Miss Joan Marriott
Mrs Pat Martin
Miss Elizabeth Stevens
Mrs Hilda Whitehurst
Mrs Enid Ellison
E W Ellison Esq OBE
Miss Helen Grundy
Dr Duncan Watney
Mrs E M Vidler
Sidney Jarvis Esq
Mrs Erica South
John ‘Skipper’ King
Mrs Heather Hockin
Mrs Doris Cox
Mrs Iris Fletcher
Mrs Margaret Saunders
J A ‘Bert’ Stronell
Mrs Pam Holt
Mrs Gwen Rich
Miss Kirsty Collison
Mrs Helen Blake
Mrs Janet Somers
Mrs Joan Brookbank
The Crowborough Lions
Crowborough Bonfire & Carnival Society
1st Crowborough Scouts
Recipients of the Commemorative Award
The Queen’s Regiment
M Jean Laurent
H E The Honourable Donald S Macdonald P C High Commissioner for Canada
The Marquis of Abergavenny
Dr Wm B Adam
W B Elphick Esq
Major J T Williams
Michael Adams Esq
Rev’d D Jenkins
I R W Mein Esq
B E A Newbury Esq
David T Harris Esq – Town Clerk ( Long Service 1973-2000)